June 14, 2012

jelly making

freelensing + different editing
I've concluded that my blog is a combination of memories and thoughts, all mashed together in separate posts that show you bits and pieces of my life.  This is one of them:  jelly making.  If you ever stop by our house on the first weekend of June, you'll be sure to find the kitchen exploding with the process of this jelly making.  Pots, pans, and trays will be covered with sticky red, spoons and mashers will be dripping on the counter.  My grandma is stirring the final product, and my mom is at the sink cleaning the fresh strawberries.  And the smells?  The house is full of the smell of jelly making, a smell I can't describe, but as soon as it hits you, you know.  They're making jelly.

My cousin started a blog! Go check it out and give her some love!

18 comments:

  1. yum, yum, yum. these pictures are lurvely and your jam-making sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog Olivia. You painted such a sweet picture in my mind of your jelly making days.

    Blessings!

    -Madi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, I've never made jelly before, but it looks so fun. I bet it tastes delish too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, i love making jelly! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. jam-making is so fun. love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful :) Jelly-making is definitely on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post, Olivia! :)
    That jelly sounds soooo good right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love that -- "as soon as it hits, you know." love the photos and the words, olivia! sounds so great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your writing and I love this blog Olivia. =) I love hearing about your memories and stories, and about you. =) Making homemade things like jelly, or jam, bread, cookies, whatever, I always love doing that too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what smell your talking about :) We make jam every year! And LOTS of it!

    In Christ
    Hosanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you so much for posting a link to my page! i logged onto my page and saw that i had new followers and i figured you had something to do with it :) you are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yum! We have never made jelly (should though!), but my dad makes fantastic home-made apple butter. Come to our house in the fall/winter and our house is exploding with that stuff!

    Happy June and Jelly making!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yum. yum, yum! i can see i'm gonna have to finagle an invitation to your house soon in order to get a taste :-) hope you're enjoying your summer break!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Olivia! Glad I found your blog girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, yum! I think I like the last photo best.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Homemade jelly! the best!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These pictures are beautiful! I love canning. I tried it not long ago, and I adore it. :) Oh, and I really love the freelensing picture. It's just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete