July 25, 2012

summer adventure with jessica shae

I haven't been able to write this post for almost a week.  Like Madeline said, "I think I put off writing this post because I didn’t want to even think about how one of the best weeks of my life is over."  Being a part of Jessica Shae's Summer Adventure Internship was like a dream come true.  It was four days of business building, photography conversations, good food, laughing (tears-in-your-eyes laughing), session editing, and friendship building.  

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Two above photos taken by the lovely Rachel Leigh
Photobucket
On Saturday, I wrote a little something down: These two-day old memories are still so fresh that when I pull them out, I can still smell the frozen yogurt and cholrine on hair, hear the laughter down hotel hallways and songs sung in backseats, and see the faces of the girls I grew to love in just four days.  I can’t believe it’s all over, that I’m home and those girls are home too.  I love that when you come back from a trip, all the memories of the days past replay in your mind over and over.  And you can’t stop thinking about the time you had.  That’s how I feel right now.  It was amazing, and that’s all I can say.

I learned so much from the talented, beautiful, hilarious Jessica.  Sang in parking garages, backseats, elevators and restaurants with Hannah and Madeline.  Laughed about big families with Hannah.  And met these other girls and photographers whose names I had only read on an email.  Each and every one of them was beautiful, talented, and so sweet.  Reunion?  I think yes.
Photobucket
From left to right: Anna, me, Hannah, Madeline, Jessica, Hannah, Chelsea, Julianna, Lauren, and Madi

p.s. New design done by Hannah Nicole.  It's not complete, but I tell you more about that later.  ;)
p.s.s. Every evening, we had a session with some beautiful people who I will share with you soon!

28 comments:

  1. ohmyword I miss you so much <3 hah and all the singing we did was pretty awesome! too bad we didnt get a picture with those bell boys. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like an amazing time! I'm so excited to see those photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gah. just gah. you lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you had a good time :) I can't wait to see the photos! and I LOVE the new design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, I've been looking at all ya'll photos. gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhhh! It sounds so amazing and wonderful! I love the little piece you wrote on Saturday about your trip.

    About your design. I really really really LOVE it. It's awesome. Really. :) I look forward to seeing the pics of your photo shoots.

    Blessings!

    ~Madi

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like sooo much fun! Dream come true, yes? Absolutely love all of the photos & all of your outfits (why do you all have to have such pretty clothes?!).

    Love the design too! Hannah is so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. all I can say about this, is that I'm very disappointed about the bell boy picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehe and I love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE these! Can't wait to see more and the finishing touches to your website! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks like you had so much fun! can't wait to see more pictures! p.s. LOVE the design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. AnonymousJuly 25, 2012

    especially love the picture of you taking a picture in the parking garage!! was this a photography camp or something?

    ReplyDelete
  13. dang this makes me jealous. your photos are lovely, and I absolutely cannot wait to hear more. and your design? ahh to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ahh-leave it to hannah to be the one behing this gorg design :)
    your adventure looked so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, Olivia! Sounds like you had so much fun. ;) Gorgeous pictures, and I see Hannah in them! Thanks so much for emailing me back, I know you just got home recently, so thanks lots for taking the time!

    Talk to you soon. <3

    PS: Your new design is pretty awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad that you had such an awesome opportunity, and I have loved looking through all of the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  17. gah. all you girls are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. you are awesomesauce girl. love ya to pieces! seeing all these recap posts is making me sad. sob. :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would've, like, given anything to be there! Looks like the most awesome thing ever! And, of course, meeting bloggy friends is every blogger's dream come true. :) Glad you had a fab time!

    eve @ essence of eve

    ReplyDelete
  20. I AM GOING TO START CRYING FROM ALL THESE INTERNSHIP POSTS. love you like big families love grocery days. ;) excited for my christmas present! hahahaa. oh my gosh, girl, miss you so much and love you tons. :) REUNION 2013. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm dying of jealousy over here! Such fun photos!

    ReplyDelete
  22. AnonymousJuly 26, 2012

    how fun!
    Where did you take this?

    ReplyDelete
  23. AnonymousJuly 26, 2012

    (where is the class located?)

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Anonymous - It was a photography internship located in Dallas, Texas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm getting more and more jealous seeing all these internship posts! ;] wish I could have been there. looks like y'all had an amazing time! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  26. this looks *so* much fun! love the new look, and i can't wait to experience the new rise&fly :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh. WOW. All I have to say, is Olivia, you are like SOSUPERCRAZYGORGEOUS! I've seen the pictures of you on the other intern's blogs and Jessica Shae's, and my goodness you are BEAUTIFUL. I mean, I know you've heard that before....but it's true! :) <3

    ReplyDelete