February 02, 2011

The Best Snow Day Ever!

Today, even though I did some school, it was a snow day.  The ground is frozen.  You can't even see the ground.  Thus, being the smart children we are, we decided to go outside and sled!  We hit the hill for a while, then got an even better idea.  What if we put on our iceskates?  Would it work?  Yes, of coure it did.  We're homeschooled - we're smart like that.  It was the most fun thing I have done in a long time.  We eventually got brave and went down the hills in our yard.  We fell a few times, laughed the whole time, and had a great time! 


This was what it looked like outside today, and this is where we were skating.  I mow this area in the summer.  This is grass most of the time, yet we were skating on it. 

Besides being outside, I took a lot of pictures.  I tried to capture the falling snow, but haven't been able to do it yet.

I got some drifting snow here, but that's about it.  I love this picture because it just reminds me of cold.  It was windy, snowing, and COLD!

I also took pictures of  the piano.  I didn't practice, even though I should have.  Shhh.  Don't tell my mom!  I have found that the light that falls on the piano is gorgeous!

This was the view from our bathroom window.  The snow and ice was touching the window!  This has never happened where I live since I have been alive, so I thought it was pretty cool. 

You can't forget baking!  I made nice, warm brownies after dinner, and everyone was happy.  It was a wonderful way to end a good day. 

What did you do today?

5 comments:

  1. Ahh, I love the picture of the bench. If I could sit there while being VERY warm and toasty, it would be "picture perfect." You capture the essence of life and LIVING in your pictures, Olivia. I suppose this will always be something that brings much joy to your soul. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a ton of fun! The brownies looked good :) I was inside doing school... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all great! I really like the piano picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the piano picture! You are a great photographer. I'm glad that I stumbled upon you.
    Tessa Brooke
    http://www.tessachaseyourdreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could take pictures all day too :)

    ReplyDelete