September 23, 2011

the arrival.

With the arrival of fall comes so many things.  Wonderful things.

Windy days when the leaves fall like snow.  

Fires in the "big room" as my family calls it.  

Bonfires and hayrides and big games of flashlight tag.


Curling up in a chair, wrapped in a soft blanket.  The sounds of everyday life drifting from the kitchen.  Reading.  Writing.  Thinking.

School.  Yes, I know. But, the arrival of fall got me somewhat re-excited (Is that a word?) for school.  New projects, new books, new assignments.  You don't believe me, do you?  Little moments - remember?  :)


Photos of anything...and everything.  The changing leaves, the upcoming Halloween costumes, the pumpkins, the recipes.  That makes me excited!


An upcoming blog post.  This photo is a little sneak peek.  Thanks to a few friends who have really encouraged me, I have a feeling this post is going to be one of the most special things I've written.  But - you'll have to wait and see!

New blog designs, and one coming at the beginning of October!


Giving thanks.  Always.  See that owl notebook?  That's my 1000 Gifts journal where I write down the things I am so grateful for in this life.  I'm currently on one hundred , but I cannot wait to see the day when I have 1000.

What are your plans for the fall?  I'd love to know!

p.s.  See that book?  The Help?  It's basically the best book ever.  You need to read it!

10 comments:

  1. Love this post. I really love the pictures. :) Can I steal that idea about writing things that you're thankful for?! That's a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this!
    That notebook for gratefulness...that wouldn't have been inspired by Ann Voskamp, no?
    And I love the colors in your new design. the green and purple looks so neat together:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this!
    That notebook for gratefulness...that wouldn't have been inspired by Ann Voskamp, no?
    And I love the colors in your new design. the green and purple looks so neat together:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the follow! And, uhm, can I just say I LOVE your blog?! Your photography, blog design, writing style... everything. It's beautiful! I think I have a new favorite. Have a lovely Friday! ;)
    ♥ Kailyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this post! I have a journal like that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the books picture! And I must read The Help, it looks sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the photos in this post. The first two especially! I, too, like that notebook idea... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That 1000 thanks book sounds divine! Love this post. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hayrides? LUCKY!

    Love the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pictures! I especially like the one of the books on the ground.
    I love the idea of a 100 thanks notebook!

    borrowingphotographs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete