March 30, 2011

My New Lens!

After about four months of babysitting, I made enough money to purchase a new lens.  I bought a 50mm lens, and I absolutely love it!  It was actually priced really well - only about $120 - which means I have a lot of money left over.  (Which is good.  Very good.)


This is what it looks like.  It's small - it makes my camera look tiny!!  But, it takes amazing pictures!


The only bad thing - there's always a bad thing - is that is does not have auto-focus with my body.  I probably should have looked at that before I bought it, but now I can practice manual focus!


Here are some of the pictures I have taken.  The one above is SOOC.  Look at that beautiful bokeh!!  :)


This one is edited, but it still looks great I think.



So there you have it.  That was the surprise I told you about.  If you go to my 365 blog, you will see more photos that I have taken with it!

8 comments:

  1. Nice purchase! I'm sure youwill get used to the manual focus quickly. Can't wait to see more shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bokeh in the first one, and the awesome rainbow sunflare in the last two! A 50mm lens is next on my list of camera to-buys... now let's see if I can save up for it. :)

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. i love the first one, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome! I love photography!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for a new lens! LOVE the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! You totally nailed focus on 3rd picture! Too bad you're a Nikon gal ;) I bought my 50mm f/1.8 last Summer, and I LOVE it! What aperture is yours?

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh! gorgeous photos! I also have a manual focus lens. I like it, but it get annoying to have to focus it so fast :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures are awesome and captivating! Would you like to show this off, meet excellent bloggers, and increase your followers in the process? If yes, please join our Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

    It's easy to join. All you have to do is 1) link up whatever creative post you'd like to share - can be a DIY project, decor, photography,crafts, recipes, poem, thrifty finds, or that informative syndicated post that can
    make us laugh, or cry - in short, whatever you're proud of! 2) Then follow as many blogs as your heart desires, preferably starting first with the one before you and after you, before branching out.

    You’re not even required to include the party button – you read that right – not required to include the party button but if you’re so inclined display it in your blog or your post, you’re very much welcome to do so :)

    Please join us at http://www.homemakeronadime.com/2011/04/creative-bloggers-party-hop-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete