April 02, 2011

Horsefeathers Blog Party

Sorry I've been absent.  I was gone for a few days without internet!  Anyway,  Olivia over at Horsefeathers is having an awesome blog party!  You should go check it out.  There are some awesome prizes!!

Favorite season, and why?  My favorite season is definitely summer!  I love being able to be outside where it is warm.  Key word: warm.

How would you describe your personal style?  Well, this is a hard question to answer.  I don't really have a huge stlye I guess.  I wear what I like and I really don't know how to explain it.  I'm cheap, I can tell you that.  :)

What's one weird thing you can do?  (The stranger the better.)  The answer is actually something I can't do.  I can't touch my toes.  At all.  I can't get even close to them.  That sounds pretty boring.  Sorry. 

Rain or shine?  Shine!  I like rain, but only if it's the rain you can dance in!  :)

Confession time...what's a flaw of yours?  Well, there's a lot.  My main ones are probably being "bossy" toward my siblings, and talking back to my parents.  I do that a lot sadly.

Favorite music?  I like Christian and country, specifically Taylor Swift.  But, to be honest, I don't listen to music that much.  I don't have time, and I don't have an iPod.

Have you ever made a decision you instantly regretted?  What was it?  I tend to think after I speak.  Many times I say something to people I am just meeting, and I think, "Ugh!  Why did I just say that?!  They're going to think I'm a dork or something!"  I'm working on that.  I've done it too many times to narrow it down.

Who do you admire/look up to?  Well, of course I look up to my momma.  I'm a huge fan of Jane Austen too.  Is it possible to look up to your little sisters?  Well, I do.  That sounds a little weird.

You've just won a lifetime supply of...what?  Hmmm...I would have to say clothes.  I always need them, and I'm still growing out of them!  Don't forget the occasional purses and jewelry too!  :)

If you were an animal, what would you be?  I would be my outdoor cat, Will.  He gets to do whatever he wants all day long.  He is free.  He sits in the weeds, quietly, thinking about his purpose (or something like that)!  He gets the attention he craves, then moves on without a backward glance.  There's something beautiful in a cat.

If you were going to die in a year, what would you do with your time?  I'd do all the things I put off until tomorrow.  I'd read that next book, meet that next person, read that next Bible passage, have that next sleepover.  If this were really happening, I'd get on a plane and fly to Ethiopia.  I'd go back to the places I went in November and hold my sponser child and meet my siblings.

You're now a gazillionare...where do you go to spend your money?  Honestly, I'd give it to my mom so she could build her dream home.  With the leftover money, I'd put it away and save for a car and college.  Then, I think I would bribe someone to make our adoption go faster.  Just kidding. :)

Classical music:  love it or hate it?  I really don't like it.  It's OK for a little while, but then, I will have to leave the room so I can regain my sanity. 

Phobias?  Talking on the phone.  I really don't like to pick up the phone and talk to someone I don't know.  It's hard to explain, so I'll use the excuse:  I'm homeschooled.  I'm anti-social.  Don't get me wrong, if I know the person in the slightest, I feel fine talking to them.  I don't know what it is, but I can't talk to people I don't know unless I absolutely have to.

Hop on a plane and go live somewhere for a year...where is it and why?  Take a random guess.  My second home:  Ethiopia.  Why?  I have siblings there, somewhere.  (You guys are going to be very tired of hearing about this I think.  Sorry!)  But, when I went last November, I felt so welcome there.  Even though they are poor and desperate there, I would still go.  I'd meet my siblings.  I would love and hold them.  I would go to the schools I visited and spend time with the kids there.  Oh, and I would attempt to learn Amharic - the language they speak there.

Are you an extrovert or introvert?  I think I'm somewhere in the middle.  I don't go crazy when I meet people, such as treat them like I've known them forever.  I'm kind of shy.  But, I don't hide behind my parents like a five year old either.  Just sayin'.  Thought you'd all like to know that just because I'm homeschooled, I'm not antisocial or anything like that.  I think.

Would you/do you perform on stage?  For my more-than-a-co-op we have performances.  Let's just say that I don't mind performing on stage, but I do get nervous before I do.


Well, that's it.  Hope you enjoyed it.  I will be back this week with lots of pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment