January 23, 2011

Happy Monday!


I am entering Allie's Happy Monday contest again!  I really enjoy doing them, even if I don't win.  It's so fun to see all the diferent entries, and it really is a good way to introduce you to different blogs.


Here is my "shoe" picture.  I took this in Ethiopia.  These are the shoes the kids wear.  They're somewhat similar to Crocs.  These are the only shoes these kids have.  For some, it's the only pair they will have for many years.  For me, this is the best interpretation of shoes I can find!

11 comments:

  1. This picture is so meaningful. This is a really, really good picture. Most of us in the US have more than five pairs of shoes and they only have one or two. That shows how blessed we are. Thanks so much for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing shot...who thought shoes could tell such a story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say that's a pretty special interpretation!!!
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This hits a sweet spot to me. I've been to Kenya and I completely understand how important a pair of shoes is to children and adults there. :) Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It really shows how blessed we are when we feel like we're not at times. I couldn't imagine having only one pair of shoes .. although I only have a couple, I'm not big on them myself. But still, one pair of shoes mean so much more when you know it may be your only one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you take great pictures! I'll follow you :)

    -Marieanne
    un-monde-magiique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree 100% with allie. Great photo..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a precious picture! It made my heart melt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. There seem to be a lot of stories in that line of feet - good work!

    ReplyDelete