January 03, 2011

Summer - I Miss You

I miss warm weather.  I am not one of those people who enjoys the outdoors in winter.  Don't get me wrong, I will go out and sled, but only for a little.  I'd much rather be barefoot and not wearing four layers.  The dirt beckons me, calls me to sink my feet into it.  The shade tree is inviting.  I want to sit there all day and write.  There is hapiness with warm weather.



 You don't have a care in the world.  No school, no worries.  At least for kids.  Summers are joyous for kids.  The time when they have freedom, and are not studying.
You go places.  You have lazy days.  The sun is awake longer, waiting to see the last game of tag or the last marshmallow roasted and eaten.

Water is your friend.  No one is afraid to jump right in and cool their heated bodies.
Summer, I miss you.  I cannot wait to greet you soon.  I cannot wait to play with you for the few months that you stay.  Come soon summer!  I will be waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment